This is your very last chance to give your opinion on abolishing DLA and replacing it with PIP, particularly the 20m rule. We Are Spartacus have done our own response (see below) and hope it helps. The consultation ends at midnight tonight
Making the most of the opportunity
Briefing (for everyone): We are Spartacus briefing on PIP mobility consultation June 2013
Survey (mainly for disabled people; available until 15 July): http://survey.spartacusforum.org.uk/index.php?sid=64787&lang=en
The Government has published a new consultation on the mobility component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP), which is replacing Disability Living Allowance (DLA). The consultation ends on 5 August 2013.
The following step-by-step instructions are designed to make it as straightforward as possible to respond; the instructions you use will depend on whether you’re a disabled person or you’re someone who’s supporting us (eg a health professional).
- Read our briefing (if you’re short of time, the Executive Summary is just one page and there’s background information on PIP in the Appendix): http://wearespartacus.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/We-are-Spartacus-briefing-on-PIP-mobility-consultation-June-2013.pdf
- Complete our Survey to enable us to make an informed community response (survey closes Monday 15 July): http://survey.spartacusforum.org.uk/index.php?sid=64787&lang=en
- Write a response to the Government’s consultation, sending it to: email@example.com Send a copy of your response to: firstname.lastname@example.org (see note below)
- Read our briefing: http://wearespartacus.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/We-are-Spartacus-briefing-on-PIP-mobility-consultation-June-2013.pdf (If you’re short of time, the Executive Summary is only one page and there is background information on PIP in the Appendix. There’s a link to the consultation in the document)
- Write a response to the Government’s consultation, sending it to: email@example.com
- Send a copy of your response to: firstname.lastname@example.org (see note below)
Note: We’re asking people to copy their responses to our dedicated email address so we can gain an understanding of how people are responding. We will not publish any information that could identify you personally; we’re interested in what you say, not who you are!